Problems creating preseed.cfg - syntax?

I'm having several problems getting desired results from preseeding.
My Environment:
  No internet/LAN
  Install media
Debian GNU/Linux 7.1.0 "Wheezy" - Official i386 DVD Binary-1 20130615-21:54
  preseed.cfg on USB stick

Section "B.4. Contents of the preconfiguration file (for wheezy)" at
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs04.html.en states:
"
# Depending on what software you choose to install, or if things go wrong # during the installation process, it's possible that other questions may # be asked. You can preseed those too, of course. To get a list of every
# possible question that could be asked during an install, do an
# installation, and then run these commands:
#   debconf-get-selections --installer > file
#   debconf-get-selections >> file
"

I also found the same information in "B.3. Creating a preconfiguration file" http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs03.html.en .

Unfortunately when I try bash responds "command not found".
The existing install was a manual install from DVD1 using default answers except for user/password/etc. Confirmed debconf installed by checking with synaptic.