Re: apt-get vs. aptitude

Oh I have fond memories of aptitude breaking my system. Once it
suggested me to remove most of my system, including apt, I thought it
was going to upgrade it so I confirmed it. I had to reinstall apt from
the debian packages website.

In this new installation I gave it another try but when it started
suggesting very weird plans(like remove all gnome packages) I happily
went back to apt and never looked back.