Re: apt-get vs. aptitude

Le 12.10.2013 18:10, msl09 a écrit :
Oh I have fond memories of aptitude breaking my system. Once it
suggested me to remove most of my system, including apt, I thought it
was going to upgrade it so I confirmed it. I had to reinstall apt from
the debian packages website.

That's why I do not use simple CLI tools to manage my system. They just fail to show important stuff, by flooding a lot of informations. Using aptitude in it's ncurse mode would have prevented such a PEBCAK error, because updates and removal are shown with different colors.

But, it definitely is a user's... no, sorry, a root's error. A root should not act or think like a user. (damn, outside of linux context, that phrase really means nothing...)