Re: realtek r8189 driver problem on 64 bit kernel

On 12/10/13 16:37, Gary Dale wrote:
On 12/10/13 11:03 AM, Wackojacko wrote:
On 12/10/13 15:32, Gary Dale wrote:

I had a similar problem but fixed it by enabling IOEMU in the BIOS of
my Gigabyte 970A-D3P.

I assume you mean IOMMU, I had already enabled this a few minutes before
you suggested it but it didn't appear to work at first. However, I have
just rebooted again and the network has come up so thankyou.

Enabling this has given me a new problem in that my usb 3.0 now doesn't
work :-( I get lots of messages like this in dmesg

AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT device=02:00.0 domain=0x0014
address=0x00000000bea01740 flags=0x0010]

and lspci shows

02:00.0 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. Device 3483 (rev 01)

I prefer network and no usb 3.0 but I'd like both so I'll look in the
BIOS again to see if there's anything I can change to see if it helps.

Thanks

Wackojacko

I'm having exactly the same problem. Let me know if you get it to work.

Ah ok, will do but it looks like a kernel bug in amd64 because these problems don't exist with 32 bit.