Unable to locate mail spool file.

ok, I have exim4 setup as internet site, using Maildir. my
/home/user/Maildir is there. I sent a test message and a new message
shows up in /home/user/Maildir/new .
in Thunderbird when I try to check mail in that account is says Unable
to locate Mail spool file. It is a UNIX Movemail account. What am I
doing wrong?

I just want to get my local linux account email in IMAP in Thunderbird..
/var/log/exim4/mainlog shows Completed, so it is doing it's job, so I
guess I am missing something in the Thunderbird setup? Thunderbird 24.0

--
Paul Cartwright