Re: realtek r8189 driver problem on 64 bit kernel

Sending tot the list sorry gary

On 12/10/13 15:32, Gary Dale wrote:

I had a similar problem but fixed it by enabling IOEMU in the BIOS of
my Gigabyte 970A-D3P.

I assume you mean IOMMU, I had already enabled this a few minutes before
you suggested it but it didn't appear to work at first. However, I have
just rebooted again and the network has come up so thankyou.

Enabling this has given me a new problem in that my usb 3.0 now doesn't
work :-( I get lots of messages like this in dmesg

AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT device=02:00.0 domain=0x0014
address=0x00000000bea01740 flags=0x0010]

and lspci shows

02:00.0 USB controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. Device 3483 (rev 01)

I prefer network and no usb 3.0 but I'd like both so I'll look in the
BIOS again to see if there's anything I can change to see if it helps.

Thanks

Wackojacko