Re: sysadmin qualifications (Re: apt-get vs. aptitude)

On 10/12/2013 7:50 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 06:19 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
don't you think most home use "single-user" systems have 2 people ??

Germany has become a society of singles, solo parents and of people who
live in relationships, but with separated households. Even food industry
makes huge profit by selling convenience foods for singles. Here you can
buy 3 packed salami slices. Perhaps we have more single persons who own
several computers, than several people sharing one computer. It seems to
differ from nation to nation. Some are "single nations" others are
"family nations". I don't know statistics, but IIRC in Germany we've got
more smart phones, than citizens. I've got the impression that most
people in Germany have a smart phone, tablet PC, netbook or laptop and
they don't share it with somebody else. Sharing a laptop sometimes
happens, sharing smart phones, tablet PCs and netbooks not that often.
Desktop PCs are often used for a special purpose, e.g. for gaming and I
know people who play games with other people, but even if they sit in
the same room, they don't use one computer, but connect their computers
instead ... ok, then it becomes a multi-user-network, however, I suspect
that here most "single-user" systems do _not_ have 2 people. Even in
Europe it's likely different for meridional nations.

Regards,
Ralf

Ralf,

I've seen you give similar arguments before. Let me give you a hint here. Most of the people in the world don't care about what Germans do in their own homes. Germany isn't the world; in fact, it isn't even in the top 10 population wise. Your comments about what they do is completely immaterial.

That's not to say I don't appreciate *MOST* Germans; I've visited there three times and enjoyed every visit immensely.

Jerry