Re: Installing Cinnamon 2.0

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 12:52:17 -0500
"Mark Allums" <mark@allums.com> wrote:

> > On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 11:34 -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
> > > The dialogs from Gnome 3 (zenity) serves, so mate-dialogs-gnome
> > > isn't needed if zenity is installed (and mate-dialogs-gnome can
> > > serve in place for zenity as well).
> >
> > Not really, you at least need to manually add a link, regarding to
> > the different program names.
>
> I never did, and never had to.  It works fine.
>

> > [rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ ls -l /usr/bin/matedialog
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Aug 18 18:06 /usr/bin/matedialog -> zenity
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > Sure, if mate-file-archiver is installed, you might not need
> > file-roller, but you perhaps want to be able to install a DE by it's
> > meta-packages, but this doesn't work, if one of the DEs is Mate,
> > because those packages cause conflicts.
>

> Again, never a problem for me, since v. 1.2.
>
> I don't have any package named mate-file-archiver installed or
> available to install.  There's engrampa, which does not conflict at
> all with file-roller.

Its all moot anyway as cinnamon is, at the moment, uninstallable! It
fails here 'Failed to fetch
http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gobby-infinote/gobby-0.5_0.4.94-5.1_i386.deb
403  Forbidden'

You can try 'at-get --fix-missing' but it still fails.

A pity because I really want to use cinnamon again.

Thanks
Sharon.
my git repo = https://github.com/boudiccas/dots
Debian stable, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice  4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 561944