Re: Installing Cinnamon 2.0

Le 11.10.2013 20:44, Tom H a écrit :
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

Have you considered NAS?

No way!

What's wrong with NAS to elicit such a rejection?

GVFS is absolutely optional software.

You only ever consider things from your limited use-case but upstream
developers and distribution maintainers have to take into account the
majority of users.

The majority of users do not have NAS :)
Especially to use them as portable hardware, I think.

You've also complained in this thread and previously about compliance
with green drives. I could've replied: "I only ever connect an
external drive to my computer long enough to copy in and/or copy out
files.

Most of the people I know which uses external drives, and I speak here about drives, no small data containers, is to use, for example, music, films, and such stored on that harddrive.