Re: which MTA to choose for a simple client?

Le 09.10.2013 04:57, Celejar a écrit :
What would you use as a MTA on a Debian system made for an end-user?

I've used Exim, basically because it's (was?) the Debian default.

I do not want a default software just because it is the default. Otherwise I would have be perfectly happy with windows, and then on Debian with gnome and then... well. I'm not.

Exim is probably a very good and complete - and so complex - tool, I do not doubt it, but I really feel like it is over-engineering to use it on a computer which does does not have any mail server task (being for a gigantic enterprise, a small one or a family does not change the idea of mail server in my mind. I have a simplistic vision of admin tasks, I know). And I try to avoid OE on my computers and softwares. For planet's ecology and my economy's sake, OE is bad :p

Plus, I want to continue my linux road with more and more understanding of my system. Too complex tools is a problem for that when it's not your main task to maintain them.

_ is not a daemon running constantly: why should I have a daemon
running to send mail when I am not connected to Internet or not taking
care of my mails? Something which is started by the client ( MUA it
seem? ) is good enough for me and does not consume time when starting or
shutting down my computers.
_ is lightweight, because I always aim to have a system which let all

Assuming you're using a smarthost (relay host), you
can use a relay server such as ssmpt, msmtp or nullmailer which I
believe all meet these two conditions.

By relay host, you mean the server from which I am sending this mail ( through a web interface )? If so, yes, I only want to discuss with it, except if there is some advantage ( for me or that server ) to directly send mails to their final server.