Re: JSON::XS error

Hello all,

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 05:16:27AM -0400, Brad Alexander wrote:
> [...]
> This is on an i386 sid container (openvz) running on proxmox-ve (wheezy).
> When I try to install the thruk package (thruk_1.76-3_debian8_i386.deb), I
> get the following error message:
>
>  Perl API version v5.14.0 of JSON::XS does not match v5.18.0 at
> [...]
> I have two JSON/XS.pm on the system, one from thruk and one from the thruk
> package, and the other from libjson-xs-perl.

On my test system these both merely differ in perldoc. They don't need
to be updated.

> Can anyone suggest how to get past this error?

Consol needs to update their packages they provide for Jessie for Perl
API v5.18.0. Most probably a rebuild will suffice, but that needs to be
checked.

I'm afraid there isn't much you can do at the moment but wait / prod
Consol. Oh, and I'd refrain from needlessly installing CPAN packages.

HTH,
Flo