Re: apt-pinning, strange behavior

Le 09.10.2013 11:17, Marko Randjelovic a écrit :
On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:12:46 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

Le 08.10.2013 22:42, Sven Joachim a écrit :
> On 2013-10-08 19:06 +0200, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
>
>> Since I had to reinstall from my last kernel error, I decided to
>> stay
>> with stable on that computer, but I need some softwares in less
>> outdated versions, like development libraries or i3 ( this one is
>> not
>> a need but a question of comfort, I admit ), so I want to use
>> apt-pining.
>>
>> I have set all packages from stable to a priority of 900 and testing
>> packages with 500.
>> But tzdata wants to upgrade, for an unknown reason. Explicitly
>> making
>> it to a priority of 900 for stable fixes that, but I can not
>> understand why it is needed?
>
> I don't know either, but "apt-cache policy tzdata" should explain it.
>
> Cheers,
>        Sven

Thanks for the hint, I had forgotten about apt-cache policy.
I finally understood, why the update was on the run:

tzdata:
   Installé : 2013d-0wheezy1
   Candidat : 2013d-1
  Table de version :
      2013d-1 0
         500 http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64
Packages
  *** 2013d-0wheezy1 0
500 http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable-updates/main amd64
Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      2013c-0wheezy1 0
         900 http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable/main amd64
Packages

Version 2013d-0wheezy1 had the same priority as testing one so testing
was installed because more recent.
Now, I wonder why I have 3 versions of that package listed when I only have 2 sources enabled? Could it be because of stable, stable/updates and stable-updates repositories? ( I am not used to stable, so I do not
have the "updates" repos usually )
And also why I have a wheezy version with a priority of 500... I can
not even find the 2013d-0wheezy1 in debian packages...

The answer to your question is in files /var/lib/apt/lists/*_Release.
You can notice the difference:

Suite: stable
Suite: stable-updates

Thanks. I did not thought that it would be considered as a different repo, which is absent from http://packages.debian.org but it explains the behavior I have.