Re: Problem getting compose-key to work with .XCompose

Heimo Stranner wrote:
> I created a ~/.Xcompose file containing the following:
>
> > include "/usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose"

> > <Multi_key> <slash> <backslash>          : "⋀" U22C0     # N-ary locical and
> > <etc.>
>
> I restarted X, rebooted but when I use one of the keycombos from
> above i only get a beep sound, but no character is inserted.
> I also tried pasting that lines directly at the end of
> /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose. Same result.

This seems not to be working because of some bug. Here's one of several
explanations that can be found: http://sourceforge.net/p/scim/bugs/73/

However, I do have this working if I paste those customizations
directly somewhere in /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose
provided that:
a) scim is uninstalled;
b) ~/.XCompose is removed.

So, for the time being, that could be a solution.