Mentoring. (was Re: how many users is enough? (was Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta4 release))

[snip]

On 28 November 2012 09:39, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2012 22:31:52 Beco wrote:
> > I would like a mentor during my next vacation, to help me with .deb files.
>
> Here is a web-page that explains the scheme.  Don't be put off by the mention
> of women.  They mentor irrespective of gender.
>  <quote>
> However, this group wouldn't exist within Debian without the support of the
> men within the Debian community and the mentoring program does administer to
> both male and female mentees.  And there are both male and female mentors.
> </quote>
>
>  http://women.debian.org/mentoring
>
> And/or you can send an email to:
>  mentoring@women.debian.org
> requesting a mentor.
>
> There are more mentors than are mentioned on the link I gave you above.  Some
> have chosen not to make themselves visible in this way.
>
> The name, of course, is sexist.  It was originally started to try to get more
> women into developing; to improve the conversion rate for women in Debian, if
> you will.  But that was some while ago, and it now caters for both genders.
>
> Do keep me posted on how you get on!
>
> [snip]
>
> Cheers,
> Lisi

Hi Lisi,

Do you have any news about the mentoring program?

Catherine Gramze, as Lisi explained, they mentor  both male and female.

My best,
Beco.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)