Re: Download Past Mailing list

John Hasler wrote:
> Bob Proulx writes:
> > I don't think these are immediately available to users.  I would write
> > to listmaster@lists.debian.org and ask them to make archives available
> > to you.  But I don't know if they would do this or not.
>
> The complete Debian mailing-list archive back to 1994 is available at
> <http://lists.debian.org/>.  Only debian-private is not published.

Where?  I don't see any links to the mailbox files.  I only see
displays of individual messages.  But the original poster was asking
about getting local mailbox files of the last month of messages.  Am I
missing a download archive link on those pages somewhere?

> > Generally web archive sites tend to avoid making the raw email
> > available because if they do then people complain to them that their
> > email address can be found by web search engines.
>
> Debian does not obfuscate addresses.

True!  I hadn't noticed that Debian didn't do this before.  (Because I
am not concerned with trying to hide my address.  Hiding just isn't
possible.)

Bob