Re: Download Past Mailing list

Josef Bailey wrote:
> I Had a question ... I was wondering if you can download past
> mailing list and then upload them to mutt .. I don't want to go that
> far back becasue it will be to much information

I don't think these are immediately available to users.  I would write
to listmaster@lists.debian.org and ask them to make archives available
to you.  But I don't know if they would do this or not.

It is also possible that one of the other sites such as Gmane might
make archives available.

  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user
  http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/

Generally web archive sites tend to avoid making the raw email
available because if they do then people complain to them that their
email address can be found by web search engines.  Which is a silly
complaint.  If you send mail to a mailing list with 3,000+ subscribers
like debian-user then your email address is going to be known.

Bob