Re: Debian kernel runs 4 degrees cooler than my own

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Debian's linux-image-3.10-2-amd64 runs 4 degrees cooler than my own
> kernel. Same workload.
>
> Can anybody figure the specifics for that?

I had some same experience with custom 3.10 kernel which I build make
old_config

Had to update to y

| # CONFIG_POSIX_MQUEUE is not set

and take care of CGROUPS

look also for the number of CPUs and configure accordingly

there are a lot of other things in your config like

| # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ is not set

In short you have to go through the config (menuconfig or so) and take care
yourself.

It worked for me from 4st try :)

regards