Re: mutt in gnome-terminal goes gray!

Eric d'Halibut:

> I have a gnome-terminal profile configured with a black background.
> However, running mutt in it changes the background to gray, a much
> lower contrast situation.

My guess is that the terminal's background color is independent of the
named colors that it provides to programs like mutt. You can check by
looking at gnome-terminal's color configuration. You can configure two
shades of gray, one of which mutt uses as background color. Mutt calls
this color "brightblack".

My solution is to configure mutt to use "default" as background color. I
attached my config. A screenshot is here (using PuTTY on Windows with
mutt inside screen):

http://well-adjusted.de/~jrspieker/gfx/mutt.png

J.
--