Re: NOT QUITE: headphones still don't work.

On 17/09/13 16:36, Hendrik Boom wrote:

How *do* you do it?

-- hendrik

Just learned something over on Lisi's thread :-)
On my system I get this:

$ amixer -c 0 contents | grep -A3 -i "Headphone Playback Switch"

numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Headphone Playback Switch'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=2
  : values=on,on

and now I can switch the headphone on or off by

$ amixer -c 0 cset numid=2 off,off

numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Headphone Playback Switch'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=2
  : values=off,off

$ amixer -c 0 cset numid=2 on,on

numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Headphone Playback Switch'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=2
  : values=on,on

NB.
For some strange (to me) reason, when I use "off,off" in the above line,
the "Master Playback" is also muted (and has to be un-muted to make
either speaker or headphone work.

--
Klaus