Driver installation

Does anyone but me have experience using Adaptec RAID cards?

The Debian aacraid driver didn't support a 7805 card the last time I checked.  I installed the driver from the Adaptec web site using alien and dkms.  The driver was updated recently, and I tried to install the new version using the same methods. It works ok for the 3.2 kernel, but for the 3.10 kernel, I get compile errors when trying to build the kernel module.

Have any of you installed the kernel module for an Adaptec product from official upstream source? Or is aacraid driver now up-to-date for the 7805 in the official Debian kernel, and if so, how do I go about switching to it?

I can continue using the older driver for now, as dkms did its job building it for kernel 3.10, but newer is better as a rule.

Any advice?

Mark