Re: Sound problems on Wheezy upgrade

Le 16/09/2013 10:51, Lisi Reisz a écrit :
On Monday 16 September 2013 01:41:29 Gregory Nowak wrote:
I suggest you run either amixer/alsamixer,
and see if they will let you unmute sound.
I had tried to run alsamixer.  It gave me two channels, neither of which
helped. (master and capture)  I tied all possible variations that I could
think of with no result.  I obviously wasn't thinking very well. :-(

I had thought that sound was probably muted somewhere - I just couldn't find
where!  amixer shows it clearly.  All (all? ;-) ) I now have to do is use the
man pages to find out how to unmute the master at the command line.  I have
found how to unmute capture, but capture isn't muted!

Thanks, both.  I'll report back for the archives when (if?) I succeed.

Lisi
Hi Lisi,
FWIW, when I run alsamixer, it defaults to the channels of pulseaudio (master and capture). To get the actual channels of my audiocard, I have to explicitly choose it via the F6 key.

HTH
Rudu