Re: Sound problems on Wheezy upgrade

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 07:19:17PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> I'm afraid that I am woefully ignorant about sound, and cannot interpret
> anything there.

Well, it seems to say that aplay is recognizing your sound hardware. I
get something similar when I run aplay -L, but with hardware different
from yours of course. Can you try playing a file as a normal user
using paplay (E.G. paplay -v file.wav). What happens? Do you get
sound? What output does paplay display? Seeing the output of:

pactl list cards

as a normal user would be interesting, though it's a bit lengthy.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1