Re: Sound problems on Wheezy upgrade

Hello, Dan.  Thanks for your help.

Between now and the email from Gregory I had installed pulseaudio.

I can now run alsamixergui, but there are only two channels, master and
chapter, and nothing I do to either enables sound.

On Sunday 15 September 2013 19:02:48 Dan Ritter wrote:
> aplay -L
>
> what audio devices does it show?

lisi@Tux-II:~$ aplay -L
default
    Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
sysdefault:CARD=PCH
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Analog
iec958:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC887-VD Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
lisi@Tux-II:~$

I'm afraid that I am woefully ignorant about sound, and cannot interpret
anything there.

Thanks for your help,
Lisi