Re: Daily downloads with apt / aptitude?

On Sunday 15 September 2013 08:58:11 thunderstar@loop.de wrote:
> Related to this thing another question: Is there already a debian way, to
> force those new downloaded packages to install, when the system is being
> shutdown by the user? (Similar like windows does).

Yuk!  I sioncerely hope not.  It is one of the worst "features" of Windows.

You could easily set it going to achieve that, I would imagine.  E.g.:

# aptitude update && aptitude -y full-upgrade && shutdown -h now

That would run, if it hit no snags.  But I would never risk running it!!

Lisi