Re: problem installing win 7 on debian machine

On Sun, 2013-09-15 at 09:44 +0530, Balamurugan wrote:
> I am not very sure whether you can install windows after any GNU/Linux
> installation.

You can do this at least for XP, in some cases you even don't need to
restore the bootloader, but I only was able to install a Windows to a
primary partition, when I needed it to test hardware, that should work
with Linux, but doesn't work with Linux.

When I need Windows regarding to software that only is available for
Windows, than I use a Linux host and a Windows guest, IOW a virtual
machine, assumed hardware isn't important.

So IMO the OP should reconsider if there is the need to install Windows
and if so, if it wouldn't be wiser to install it to a virtual machine.

Some Windows software btw. can be used with wine, so no Windows is
needed.