Re: Sound problems on Wheezy upgrade

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 02:58:27PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> The problem has arisen since I upgraded.  Sound was fine in Squeeze.
>
> Now, when I run alsamixergui:
>
> lisi@Tux-II:~$ alsamixergui
>
> I get an error box saying:
>
> alsamixer: function snd_mixer_load failed: invalid argument

User lisi is in the audio group, right?

> No pulseaudia is installed.

I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it, since at
least the gnome desktop in wheezy seems to insist on pulseaudio. What
happens if you run for example amixer as root? If that works, but
running amixer as a regular user doesn't, then it sounds like a
permissions issue.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net