Re: XFCE4 - gedit - was Re: Thanks

On 9/10/13, Kailash <listskailash@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 05 September 2013 07:48 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

>>> It sounds like you're lacking a GTK3 theme engine.  For example, I have
>>> the clearlooks-phenix-theme package installed so that GTK3 and GTK2 apps
>>> look nearly identical.
>>
>> Thanks. Adwaita's not too bad either. A theme is another thing I'd
>> like to create one day - cross-desktop, cross-display engine,
>> highly-customizable theme.

Yes, thanks Kailash. I had to install gnome themes and choose one. The
XFCE themes appear to not work, and gedit appears to not have a
dependency tree to make even a minimal default theme work. There was
one theme allegedly (apt-cache show details) allowed gnome themes to
work with xfce, but I could not determine how that worked (it seemed
to not work, perhaps I didn't try hard enough).

Anyway, I have adequate theming now, and gedit displays reasonably now
(would prefer a nice compact theme, just not so compact as "no space
at all between menus" :)

>> Now my text box in firefox is no longer expandable - hopefully will
>> fix itself on restart.

Even this resolved itself.

> So was the gedit issue resolved?

Yes, thanks again