Re: rename ttyS*

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 09:20:08 -0400 (EDT), Josh Stephens wrote:

> You could look at using a udev rule to do the mapping for you.

(Sigh).  Replying to Cosme's posts are a waste of time.  He is from
Cuba.  And his government blocks in-coming e-mails from
outside Cuba.  And either the Debian mailing list archives are a blocked
web site or he doesn't know how to access them.  The only way he's going
to get a reply, if at all, is if someone inside Cuba sends him a private
e-mail.  And that's not likely, because chances are no-one inside Cuba
saw his post.  Cosme posted essentially the same question last month,
and got some on-list replies, one from me, but he evidently did not see them.
It is very frustrating.  It's probably frustrating for him, too.

As for the "problem" itself, I don't see the problem.  Linux is working
as designed.  That's what it is supposed to do.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :