Re: Cannot view all my android folders in nautilus after mounting android as MTP

Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> Tried gmtp, it wont seem to work. I think I need to do some tweaks on
> my mobile side, maybe need to root it and install some files. (saying
> this after reading some posts on the nexus threads on xda-developers)

When I tried gmtp, it did work, but cd'ing into a directory took a long
time (some 30 to 60 seconds) and lots of error messages showed up in
the xterm where it was started from.
But the tweaks you mention are likely to improve this.

I then installed Software Data Cable in Android, so I could access the
device's files via ftp (I used gftp) without a USB cable but through
WiFi, and that worked very well and extremely fast, so I haven't looked
back at MTP.