Problem with CableStar Combo

I've compiled the 3.10 kernel with the patches necessary to support the
device according to

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechniSat_CableStar_Combo_HD_CI

Unfortunately w_scan

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/W_scan

doesn't find any channel despite the fact that the device works correctly
on Windows XP.

I want to tune to the digital TV channels recently made available free by
UPC in Poland. Following the official tuning instruction I use

w_scan -fc -c PL -Q 1 -S 0 -F -t 3 -x

The result is

ERROR: Sorry - i couldn't get any working frequency/transponder
 Nothing to scan!!

Any suggestions?

Why the country parameter is obligatory? What is its function?

Can I use somehow the channel table exported by DVBViewer Pro on Windows?

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bien -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)