Re: tri-boot debian, debian-without-dm, and windows with newer debian using partitions from older debian?

Anubhav Yadav:

> Can I install debian again on my machine (without any desktop manager)
> on a separate partition for / and use the /home, /usr, /var and /temp
> from my current debian installation?

You shoud never share /usr unless your two installations have the exact
same set of packages installed. The same applies to /var.

/tmp may be shared freely as long as you don't suspend one OS to disk.

/home is not a problem as long as you don't mix stable and testing or
unstable. Many programs save their settings there and may upgrade their
config file format without notice. Older versions may not be able to
read this.

J.
--
A passionate argument means more to me than a blockbuster movie.
[Agree]   [Disagree]