Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 20:30:07 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> Fedora/RedHat has strict libre adherence for since forever. Debian has
> social contract forever.
>
> These advantages are definitive!
>
> These distributions are therefore superior! They are definitively better!
>
> Debian has >40,000 software packages, more than any other, and makes
> Debian definitively better than other distros. So even on utility
> metric, Debian is better!
>
> Debian runs on >12 architectures. Definitively better!
>
> Pick your metric Ralph!

Ralph might have different metrics than you do. I certainly have.

For example, for my parents' laptops, I couldn't care less about strict libre adherence, Debian's social contract, 40k packages, or non-x86 architectures. All that I care about is that I can install a distro and set it up as quickly and easily as possible (including any needed proprietary software), so I use Ubuntu.