Re: What's the easiest and/or simplest part of Linux Kernel?

On 8/27/2013 9:36 PM, guojzzz wrote:
在 2013年8月28日星期三UTC+8上午9时00分01秒,Joel Rees写道:
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM, guojzzz <rush.guo@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I know some books of OS, as Linus mentioned in his biography book. The reason why

  I choose kernel code is that I think it strict and compact, it's bug-less, it has a code style guide.

  But other softwares' codes may not.

  As a matter of fact, I've ever thought about starting a project on my own and others may help me,

  but I have little experience in C, hence it seems impossible.

  You mean find project on Debian website - develop page?

Most of what is in the debian distribution is packages of projects

that are developed and maintained elsewhere. Those projects may be

easier places to start because they deal more directly with the code

itself. And the code is more focused.

So if you're just trying to learn C, there are lots of interesting

projects on github, sourceforge, and the other public repositories.

Look for a project you are interested in and dig in.

Expect to find yourself learning a lot of things that you won't see an

immediate use for. Don't worry about that, just keep mucking around.

(I'd recommend my book on programming, but I haven't written it yet. ;-)

--

Joel Rees