Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 10:40 +0200, Phi Debian wrote:
> What I liked with old gnome, was the custom can be done without
> learning anything, drag drop panels, click on color that suite you,
> focus follow mouse was trivial, etc....

If it was only this, than you'll be more satisfied with using Xfce4,
than with the original GNOME2. Xfce4 is missing some GNOME2 stuff, but
what you want here does Xfce4 much better than GNOME2 did. Note, I still
have a Linux with GNOME2 installed and can compare it with Xfce4. There
is no learning curve for you when you want to set up fonts for GTK and
QT apps, Xfce does this better, to chose colors etc. can be done much
easier using Xfce4. Xfce4 suffers from other things, e.g. the editor,
the file manager, no MUA, but you can use gedit, nemo, evolution with
Xfce4 ;). No dconf, gconf etc. is needed. Scripts aren't needed for what
you want to get.