Re: with DHCP, forcing a DNS address at your local computer?

Hi Chris,

> Is that two different files spelled wrong (twice!)? One file
> spelled wrong?
>
> Please check the post BEFORE sending. I know mistakes can happen but,
> really?

Sorry for that mail. It was just a typo. The time I wrote it, I was a little
bit tired and may not well concentrated.

apt-cache search resolvconf
resolvconf - name server information handler

The package I meant was "resolvconf", and the symlink is
/etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf.

ls -la | grep resolv.conf
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root         31 Mai  5 20:57 resolv.conf ->
/etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         52 Sep 14  2008 resolv.conf.auto

Oh, and I was lazy and did not check the symlink, just wrote it from my brain.
I will do better next time, I promise.

And yes, I wanted to help. Sorry, that it was a bad hit.

Best regards

Hans