Re: No sound on Debian SID ufter upgrade

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 21:07:54 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Sharon, I'm serious now, I completely agree with you, a reboot is
> something we should do in situations, when we aren't aware what to do.
>
> I sometimes reboot even when everything is fine and I'm sure I've
> missed anything, just (in case) to check, if a reboot would break
> something.
>
> +1 for your reply!
>
> However, to reboot usually is "neurotic" ;), but being neurotic
> regarding to such issues doesn't harm anybody, it just takes a while
> and will add a spin up cycle to the HDDs, assumed we're using HDDs.

Ralf.

And I'm serious, I genuinely don’t know what to do when my box loses
sound. Its happened in just 20 minutes, whilst I was eating my tea, and
I came back to find no sound at all. I tried restarting alsa, restarted
mpd, neither of which worked, and I didn’t fancy killing the dbus-launch
so I just had to reboot. What else could I have done please?

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 334501