Re: No sound on Debian SID ufter upgrade

A little bit OT, but a little bit kidding:

On Sat, 2013-08-24 at 18:32 +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Daft as it sounds, have you tried rebooting? When this testing box
> drops its sound that’s the most reliable way of getting sound back I’ve
> found.

Or perhaps stop and start "something". "Something", because what to
restart depends to the setup. A reboot for Linux seldom is needed, you
even can switch between kernels without a reboot.

However, I agree that a reboot doesn't harm in such a situation.

On Sat, 2013-08-24 at 17:40 +0100, Joe wrote:
> PulseAudio

I guess most people are aware that I dislike PA. My crystal ball is
fogged. I sometimes unfortunately experience issues without having PA
installed ;).

> As Ralf says

I guess the word "unstable" does explain more, than you and I are able
to explain, at least a translation to my native language should be
self-explaining for German users, http://www.dict.cc/?s=unstable .