Re: Proliant Microserver installation

Adam J. Gamble <adam@sleep.cx> wrote:
> Appologies not 'built-in' so to speak, just no additional drives.
> Actually as luck would have it, my 2TB Western Digital just arrived :)

> Assume its an issue with Debian install /finding/ disks to partition
> then? BIOS can see both, so no problem there. What can I do to debug?
> Does the debian testing version I've chosen seem a reasonable choice
> (compatability-wise)?

I didn't have any problems with Debian (squeeze) finding my three
drives. I find it hard to believe that SATA device detection would have
changed for the worse between squeeze and wheezy.

Personally I always install from the net stable version and use
the Internet to get my latest updates. See the right-hand set of
selections at http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

Chris