[Solved] Ethernet suddenly limited to 100 Mbps

On 2013-08-18 19:13:12 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> But it is negotiating a 100Mb/s connection.  Your card thinks the
> other end can only do 100.  It is just as Stan said.  There is likely
> a problem with your connector, cable, or the device at the other end.
>
> Do you have another GigE network device that you can plug into?  A
> different GigE switch?  Something else?

I planned to connect the laptop at my lab (instead at home) to check.
But I've just solved the problem by blowing on the Ethernet port.
There could have been some dust due to the travel.

Now I've updated a script run by cron to check that the Ethernet speed
is always 1000 Mbps when connected to the FTTH box in case the problem
occurs again in the future and I don't notice it.