Re: [Solved] Ethernet suddenly limited to 100 Mbps

On 8/19/2013 8:40 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> I planned to connect the laptop at my lab (instead at home) to check.
> But I've just solved the problem by blowing on the Ethernet port.
> There could have been some dust due to the travel.

Back in the day all laptops had hinged or sliding doors over the IO
ports specifically to keep debris out of the IO sockets, whether
parallel/serial, VGA, RJ45, RJ11, USB, etc.  I think some models still
do.  Most apparently no longer have this feature, either due to many
users breaking the doors off of manufacturers simply being cheap(er).

It's a good idea to keep a travel size air duster (compressed air) in
your laptop bag to not only keep ports clean, but also the keyboard, and
most importantly the CPU/GPU fans.

--
Stan