Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Do you have "noauto" there?  That is the only thing that makes sense.
> > Remove it.  Look for a "noauto" option and remove it.
>
> yes it is noauto
>
> > What options do you have?  For mounting an iso you probably only want
> > "loop" and "ro" and no other options.
>
> This is what I have in my fstab
> /home/neo1691/iso-files/debian-7.1.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
> /media/dvd1-mountpoint iso9660 loop,ro,user,noauto 0		0

Remove the user and noauto options and then it should mount with -a
and at boot time.

> also one more thing, when I try to install any package, it says the
> packages cannot be authenticated, is that fine?

When you upgraded to Wheezy did you not upgrade debian-archive-keyring?
That package contains the key.  Verify that it is up to date.  Upgrade
it if needed.  Then run apt-get update again.

  $ apt-cache policy debian-archive-keyring
  debian-archive-keyring:
    Installed: 2012.4
    Candidate: 2012.4
    Version table:
   *** 2012.4 0
          500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Upgrade it if needed.  Find the deb file in your mounted iso image.

  # find /media/dvd-mountpoint1 -name 'debian-archive-keyring_*_all.deb'
  /media/dvd-mountpoint1/pool/main/d/debian-archive-keyring/debian-archive-keyring_2012.4_all.deb

Install it by that path.

  # dpkg -i /media/dvd-mountpoint1/pool/main/d/debian-archive-keyring/debian-archive-keyring_2012.4_all.deb

Then update again to clear the error.

  # apt-get update

After that you should not be getting that authentication error again.
Because the keyring will be installed authorizing them.

Bob