Re: UPS monitoring with nut

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 01:15:51PM +0930, Ash Narayanan wrote:
> I am looking to set up nut (version 2.6.4-2.3) to monitor my ups in
> Wheezy but can't seem to find any relevant guides/tutorials. I've
> searched through several guides online (including the one pointed to
> by http://www.networkupstools.org/documentation.html). For example,
> whatever I read seems to suggest existence of these files:
> /etc/default/nut
> /etc/init.d/nut
>
> My installation does not contain either of those files. On the other
> hand, I have:
> /etc/init.d/nut-client
> /etc/init.d/nut-sever
>
> Also, everything I read seems to require changes to /etc/nut/upsd.conf
> with something along the lines of:
> ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
> ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32
>
> My /etc/nut/upsd.conf file only seems to contain LISTEN statements and
> reading through some forums, it seems that ACL statements are obsolete
> in versions after 2.2.
>
> I can't seem to find any up to date guides. Are there any? Or is one
> allowed to upload a package to Debian without any instructions on how
> to use it?
>
> A bit of information regarding the setup I'm after:
> One Wheezy server connected to UPS via usb (master)
> One Wheezy server connected to the first server via ethernet (slave)
> Both servers being supplied power by the UPS

I unfortunately don't use nut, so can't help you with that particular
package. However, you might want to check out apcupsd, and see if it
supports talking to your UPS. I have an APC UPS here connected to a
squeeze server. I do though manually check it once in a while from a
wheezy machine over the network using apcaccess to do so. HTH maybe.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net
gpg public key: http://www.gregn..net/pubkey.asc