Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

On 8/16/13, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Anubhav Yadav wrote:
>> I got it, but I thought before that adding  entry to fstab and
>> automounting
>> at boot are not related to each other.
>
> They are exactly related to each other.  The /etc/fstab file defines
> what file systems are mounted at boot time.
>
>> I restarted but I had to mount all the three iso manually.
>> mount -a won't work too.
>> So I did suck it :-)
>
> Then something is wrong with the listings in your /etc/fstab file.
> But previously I gave you a test for it and you said that worked.  So
> the line must be syntactically correct and is mounting the right file
> system.
>
> Do you have "noauto" there?  That is the only thing that makes sense.
> Remove it.  Look for a "noauto" option and remove it.
>
>   $ man fstab
>       noauto do not mount when "mount -a" is given (e.g., at boot time)

yes it is noauto

> What options do you have?  For mounting an iso you probably only want
> "loop" and "ro" and no other options.

This is what I have in my fstab
/home/neo1691/iso-files/debian-7.1.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
/media/dvd1-mountpoint iso9660 loop,ro,user,noauto 0		0

> Bob

also one more thing, when I try to install any package, it says the
packages cannot be authenticated, is that fine?

for eg

root@Innovator:/home/neo1691# apt-get install audacity
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  audacity-data libflac++6 libid3tag0 libportsmf0 libsbsms10
libvamp-hostsdk3 libwxbase2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-0
Suggested packages:
  ladspa-plugin libgnomeprintui2.2-0
  audacity audacity-data libflac++6 libid3tag0 libportsmf0 libsbsms10
libvamp-hostsdk3 libwxbase2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-0
0 upgraded, 9 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/9,820 kB of archives.
After this operation, 28.7 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  libflac++6 libsbsms10 libwxbase2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-0 audacity-data
libid3tag0 libportsmf0 libvamp-hostsdk3 audacity
Install these packages without verification [y/N]?

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav