Re: sudo questions

On 8/14/2013 12:04 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 10:36 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
However, when I use su, I need to key in the root password before
doing anything.  This adds another layer of security to the system.

He?

Than configure sudo to ask for the password too.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ sudo mcedit
[sudo] password for rocketmouse:

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$

Yes, but it's the same password as the user used to log in. Not much security if that password is compromised.

With su, they need to also know the root password to get root access.

Jerry