REDUX: Re: Migrating 32 -> 64

Thanks to everyone for the helpful input. It looks like there is no
advantage to converting to 64-bit, which is just fine with me. The new
machine has 4GB of RAM, so I am not hitting address space issues. I don't
do anything more CPU-intensive than spam filtering. I do occasionally do
some I/O-intensive stuff (particularly backups onto its external RAID),
plus I have a GigE switch, so a GigE port does matter to me.

It looks like it will be worth my while to copy partitions over to the new
disk, if only so I can increase the size of my root partition (which I
foolishly made too small). Beyond that, it looks like the transition will
be very easy. Thank you all for the guidance. Now it's time to burn a live
CD and get copying.

--Greg