Re: How to get logwatch to ignore something

David Guntner wrote:
> Ok, upon further searching around, I think I found the problem.  It
> looks like the config file location for the program moved somewhere
> along the way.  It's no longer using /etc/logwatch (I *thought* that
> directory seemed kinda empty other than my lone ignore.conf file which
> had been there; it probably didn't get removed because it knew I had
> modified the file), but is now in /usr/share/logwatch/default.config.
> Which strikes me as a rather strange place to put config files....  I'll
> put my entries in the ignore.conf file there and see if that takes care
> of it.

What does the NEWS file say about the migration?  I expect that it
uses the /usr/share as default values and uses /etc/logwatch as a
place to provide customizations.

Note that I don't know anything about logwatch.  For Debian I am using
logcheck with logcheck-data plus many local customizations.

Okay I looked.  Please read the file:

  /usr/share/doc/logwatch/HOWTO-Customize-LogWatch.gz

It describes the new scheme and describes a /etc/logwatch/conf
directory for local customizations.

Bob