Re: your thoughts: special post for Debian birthday

Sorry, sent to Brian off-list in error...

On 12/08/13 20:09, Brian Potkin wrote:
> On Mon 12 Aug 2013 at 11:57:42 +0200, Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:
>
>> Dear users and contributors,
>>
>> We would like publishing a special post in bits.d.o for the anniversary of
>> Debian.  The idea is publishing anonymous quotes from Debian users and
>> developers about what Debian means for you. Please send your quotes ASAP
>> at ana-20@debian.org, Francesca and I will get all the emails send there.
>
> Ana, please would you say what the date of the anniversary is. Also,
> would you outline in what way it is may be special. Is it twenty years
> since the inception of Debian? Doesn't time pass when you are enjoying
> yourself?

Well, I'm sure Ana has better things to do, and you can find out for
yourself at
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-intro.en.html

The date is Aug 16, 1993, so it is indeed 20 years, Yay, Debian!

--
Tony van der Hoff  | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England