an other question about installer

Bonsoir,

I encounter a difficulty while partitionning.

The situation:

4 disks:

2 "old" HDD with the previous install (fedora 10). These 2 disks contain
2 raid(1) arrays, one with the / partition and one with the system
(/usr, /var, /tmp, /tmp, /home) using LVM.

2 SSD that I intend to configurate in the same way as the HDD: 2 raid(1)
arrays (/boot and the rest (except /home, /var, /tmp), including /),
using LVM.

The installer reads:

device RAID1 n°0  ext3 (old HDDs, first array)
device RAID1 n°1 lvm (old HDDs, second array)
device RAID1 n°2 ext4 (SSDs, first array)
device RAID1 n°3 lvm (SSDs, second array)

SCSI1 (sda) with 2 raid devices (1st SSD)
SCSI2 (sdb) with 2 raid devices (2nd SSD)
SCSI5 (sdc)  with 2 raid devices (1st HDD)
SCSI6 (sdd)  with 2 raid devices (2nd HDD)

I could configurate device RAID n°2 giving the mount point (/boot) and
ext4 formatting.

When I want to configurate the lvm on device RAID n°3, the installer
returns:

before the LVM could be configurated, the actual scheme of partitionment
must be set down. *These changes will be irreversible*.

<......>

The following partition tables will be changed:
RAID1 n°2:
  SCSI5 (0,0,0) (sdc)
  SCSI6 (0,0,0) (sdd)

The following partitions will be formated:
  partition 1 on device RAID1 n°2, type ext4

I am upset by this:

1- RAID device n°2 is supposed to be the first array on SSDs
corresponding to
sda and sdb (and not sdc and sdd)

2- I don't want to change anything in RAID devices n°0 and n°1 (sdc and
sdd) because I want to keep the old system untill the new one will be
installed on the SSD (sda and sdb) *and* I want to use the /home
partition of these old disks as the /home of the new installation....

(Everything is backed up.... but I prefer to understand what is going on
here!)

I hope to have been clear enough: I am not a computer scientist and
English language is not my mother tongue... So I could have done some
mistakes and did not use the right vocabulary.

Thank you for attention.

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique