Re: debian installation question

Bonsoir,

On 08/08/13 20:15, François Patte wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I would like to make a fresh install of debian and I want to keep my
> previous /home partition ie. forbid the installer to reformat this
> partition.
>
> I am sure that it is possible,

Indeed, it is possible
Nevertheless, for safety, you may make a backup of your home on an external drive
(something as ``cp -prd /home <TARGET>'' can do the work)

 but at the end of the partitionning step,
> how cna I check which partition will be formated and which won't.

If I remember well, the installer ask for either a generic partionning or a by hand one:
you want to choose the by hand option.

> Thank you.

hth,
Jerome