Fwd: Re: tntnet

Your right.  I have spent the afternoon trying to find a bug on my
Wheezy system sence it was installed..  The bug, which I just found, was
in a new apt.conf file.

When I commented the file my alias's in .bashrc are working again.

Neither aptitude or apt-cache reported an error or the presence of a
tntnet package but now the are both working.

Thanks Brian you helped Chad an me as well with your answer.

Well done Sir

--
Wayne
--- Begin Message ---

# apt-cache search tntnet
tntnet - modular, multithreaded web application server for C++

Having said that, while I am not a developer, I have never run tntnet on any of my boxes.

--b

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Wayne Topa <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
On 07/30/2013 04:55 PM, ChadDavis wrote:
> I've noticed the tntnet is running on my box.  I'm on wheezy.
>
> I'd like to turn it off, at the least.  But I wonder why it's fired up
> in the first place.  I didn't install it, unless by accident.  How
> might I determine if something else is using it?

tntnet?  Was that supposed to read telnet?

If you meant telnet, see the man page for apt-cache and check for
depends and rdepends.

If you did mean tntnet I don't think it came from Debiab so I would
be careful using matches around that box.   ;_)